You will need three (3) images of recent, original artwork. Images must be received by May 8th, 2020, at the latest.
Images Due: May 8th.
The requirements for submitted images for artist listings is as follows:
- New images. Please do not submit the same images from last year.
- Orientation: Square only
- Dimensions: 4″ x 4″ or (1200 x 1200 ppi) minimum
- Resolution:300 ppi
- Mode: RGB or CMYK
- Format: PNG, TIF or JPEG. (No PSDs or PDFs.)
- Name your file: LastnameFirstnameTitleOfWork.(file extension)
- File size limit: 10 mb or less per image, please.
Think square. Our layout this year will use three images for each artist, in a square format for each. (Please download our image style guide with sample layout grid for how this will look, or download it here.)
You are encouraged to submit three different images to showcase your work, and to keep your art as large as possible in the shot for maximum visual impact. Make sure to leave enough space around the object so we can crop it to fit in a square.
Some suggested types of images that you might use:
- A hero image of your work.
- A detail of the work.
- A different piece of work, hero or another detail shot.
- A shot of you creating your artwork.
Some of the major things to avoid:
- Cell phone pics of your work. (Please see Mitch Miller’s “How To Photograph Your Work” guide. If you can’t shoot your work or have someone do it, please schedule a session during our shooting days at the gallery.)
- Framing your artwork. (Cuts into usable space for art.)
- Montages of multiple images in a single image.
- Adding a border on any image.
- Watermarks, signatures or logos places over your image.
- Busy backgrounds or multiple pieces in your image.
- Not allowing enough background around your art when shooting it.
For artists with artwork they don’t crop in on, please review our image style guide on page 2, Artist 4 and 6. This is how we will treat those types of images submitted, with either a dark, white or light solid tint background around them.
Any image not meeting the above criteria we will be rejected. We also reserve the right to reject any image deemed inappropriate, and will request a substitute if need be.
Please email us with any questions.